YOGA: Friendliness from the Body’s Point of View
June 5 @ 7:30 am - 8:15 am
An event every week that begins at 7:30am on Wednesday, repeating until June 5, 2019
Friendliness, compassion, sympathetic joy, and equanimity form the heart axis of yoga practice. In this four-week Iyengar Asana class, participants will cultivate the Four Immeasurables from the body as giver, the brain as receiver.
- Week 1: The Attitude and Wish for Wholeness
- Week 2: The Vital Teachings of Pain
- Week 3: The Vital Teachings of Pleasure
- Week 4: Equanimity as a Gift to Oneself
Participants of varied abilities are welcome. Please note:
- The entrance includes 1/2 story of stairs.
- Please come with an empty stomach, and wear comfortable clothes that expose elbows and knees.
- There is a one-week hiatus on May 22nd.
Class is by donation.